Not so fast, these mods have a 15 business day processing time. For many vapers out there the DNA20 will provide plenty of power and a very satisfying vape. I say this because there are also DNA30 Hana Modz clones on the market from US shops that can be had for under $80 now. This is another exciting time in the clone world since the DNA board bubble is about to burst and a whole new set of manufacturers are going to be watching their backs worrying about a clone arriving at 1/4 the price. I expect we will soon see more DNA20, and DNA30 replicas rolling around, but the tube mods might be a little ways off.
Here we have the two different varieties of the Hana Modz DNA20 clone, in all your favorite colors, as long as your favorite color is black. The above image is the Mini, you can tell because of the size of the atomizer well relative to the rest of the mod. The Mini costs roughly $10 more, but for that $10 you get a 1500mah battery installed into the mod. This makes the mod a great candidate for beginner vapers out there. There is a built in 500mah micro usb charging port, so a new vaper would just need to get themselves some juice and an atomizer and they will be fully outfitted. My preference leans towards the regular sized version which is equipped to handle an 18650 battery. I strongly suggest using something like the Sony VTC5 for a long charge time and safe discharge rate. It would be a nice convenience to be able to charge the battery in the mod, or swap it for a another fully charged one when I need.
Cloning a mod makes typically high end features available to the non-enthusiast. On the first round of production the manufacturers go for 1:1 replicas of the originals. Having a 1:1 replica can have its benefits, but down the line I’m sure there will be modified versions. I say this because I’d prefer if the mod had a magnetic battery cover as opposed to Phillips head screws to simplify battery replacement. I also don’t think it would kill them to throw in a silver-plated floating 510 pin. Either way this is a bargain for what is being offered. I know some users out there are going to hold out for a DNA30 version to accompany their sub ohm vaping, but this mod is perfectly capable for the majority of vapers out there.
Here is the exceptionally verbose blurb from the site (18650 version):
- It is a DNA20 controlled battery pack with a 510 connector. Variable watt battery pack that lets you control wattage not voltage, for better consistency and repeatability. Built using quality components. The body is made of 6061 Billet Aluminum. Power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter. It features a small OLED display, buttons and synchronous rectification for maximum battery life and minimal heat generation. The separate UP and DOWN buttons allow the user to increase or decrease the power level in .1 Watt increments. Built in DNA charger, which is Micro-USB powered and provides a 500 milliamp charge current
- 1500mah Lithium Polymer battery pack included
- Warning: Charge port must be free of any liquid or debris before plugging in the micro USB charge cord. Serious damage can occur if charge area is not free of debris
- Normal Operation Watt Setting: The power level currently set on the DNA 20
- Battery indicator: The current state of charge of the battery
- Volts display: The current or most recent output voltage being supplied to the atomizer
- Ohms display: The resistance of the atomizer attached to the device. This is measured only when the unit is supplying power to the atomizer. At other times, it shows the most recent measurement
- Locked mode: Pressing the fire button five times with less than .7 seconds between presses will cause the device to enter “Locked mode”. In Locked mode, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. While in Locked mode, the screen will be off, except that pressing a button will show “Locked, click 5X”. To exit Locked mode, press the fire button 5 times
- Stealth mode: While locked, pressing the fire and down buttons simultaneously for five seconds will switch to stealth mode. In this mode the display is off. It will still show error messages and the “Locked, Click 5X” advisory. To switch back to normal display mode, from locked mode hold down the fire and down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed
- Right Mode and Left Mode: While locked, holding the fire and up buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds flips the display. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed
- Error Messages: The DNA 20 will indicate a variety of error states
- Check Atomizer: The DNA does not detect an atomizer, or the atomizer has shorted out
- Shorted: The atomizer or wiring are short circuited
- Check Battery: The battery is below 3.1 volts. It probably needs to be charged
- Weak Battery: The battery sags excessively when firing. This typically means the user is not using a high rate battery, or the battery is old and degraded. It can also mean the battery is not making good contact
- Too Hot: The DNA 20D has onboard temperature sensing. It will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive
- Too low power setting: The DNA 20D puts out a minimum of 4 volts. With low power settings (7 to 8 watts) and low resistance atomizers (below 2 ohms) the DNA will sometimes be unable to provide a low enough power output to be power regulating. If this is the case, the Ohms display will be flashing. The device will still operate.
- Auto power down: The screen will be at full brightness while firing. After 15 seconds with no button presses, the screen will dim. 4 minutes after the last button press, the screen will fade out and the device will go to sleep mode. Pressing any button will turn the device and display back on
Get your 18650 version here: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1689401-hana-modz-pack-dna-20-style-mod
Get the Mini version here: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007864/1689400-hana-modz-mini-pack-dna-20-style-battery-pack